Thursday, February 10, 2005

a good night's sleep...

...is rarer this days, with the activity in all corners of my life, but I am learning that Poor Richard was right: EARLY to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. OK, I think the latter two attributes were purely for meter and rhyme, but forcing myself to go to bed early makes me feel better in the morning. What a thunder-boomer of an epiphany...yeah, yeah, I'm just too old to push the midnight oil as long as I used to do.

On other notes (no pun intended), Carcassi's Study in A Major is coming along. There are three distinct sections, and they are now memorized. Now I will work on putting them together with the appropriate repeats and dynamics. I need to get back to his Study in A Minor, which is at about the same learning point as well. I think I will add Aguado or a piece by Sor next. My skill levels are not sufficient to tackle any of Tarrega's classics.

The weekend after next I will teach on Jesus and the woman at the well. This was a rich encounter holding many lessons within itself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home